It’s always fun to take your family to the drive in. It’s not something you get to do every day and is a unique way to watch movies that are coming out. Bridgton has a great drive-in movie theater with TWO screens, always showing the latest, first-run movies in the new digital format. Here are a couple tips to make the most of your trip to Bridgeton Twin Drive-In and make it fun for everyone.
- Make sure you take blankets! Whether you are sitting outside, in your vehicle, or in the bed (if you’re in a truck) then you will want to have blankets with you for warmth and comfort. Most people will not want their car to be running for hours!
- To make your visit more enjoyable, make sure to take bug spray. Watching the movies outside will not be nearly as fun if you are being bit up by mosquitoes!
- Other items to bring with you include lawn chairs and possibly a radio. A the Bridgton Twin Drive-In, they broadcast the sound over the radio, so you may want to bring your own portable radio to tune in to the station if you’re outside your car.
- On that note, be careful when turning on your radio inside your car. You do not want to leave your car in the on position; otherwise you may wind up with a dead battery. You want to make sure that it is left in the “ACC” position so that you can still drive home afterward!
- Be considerate of those who are trying to watch the movies, particularly if you are coming in late. Make sure to turn off your lights as you are coming in so that you do not distract and annoy others!
- You can bring your own snacks and beverages, but know that Bridgton’s Drive-In just built a new snack shack (and new restrooms, by the way) so you can get some fresh, hot food at the movies!
- Want to have a REAL “Back to the Past” evening? Have dinner first at Ricky’s Diner downtown before the show! A burger fries and shake, or one of their many great specials, will get you in the mood for bringing back memories!